How to take more into account the sustainable development in the free trade agreements
On the 21st November, Nicole Notat gave to the French Foreign Trade Minister, Nicole Bricq, a report introducing recommendations on how to integrate better the sustainable development in the commercial agreements.
Vigeo gives five recommendations to take more in account the sustainable development in trade agreements:
- To conduct studies before the negociations
- To enlarge the assessed criteria with the respect and the promotion of human rights
- To change the methodology of the studies in order to make them more synthetic and operational with identified risks and opportunities
- To reinforce the consultation of all the stakeholders
- To set up evaluation schemes for the next steps in the evaluation