Vigeo Eiris CEO, Sabine Lochmann, signs UN Statement for Renewed Global Cooperation
The 75th anniversary of the United Nations comes at a time of unprecedented disruption and global transformation, serving as a stark reminder that international cooperation must be mobilized across borders, sectors and generations to adapt to changing circumstances.
Today Vigeo Eiris, alongside Moody’s Corporation and Four Twenty Seven, signed the United Nations “Statement from Business Leaders for Renewed Global Cooperation”.
In the spirit of renewed global cooperation, we commit to:
- Demonstrate ethical leadership and good governance through values-based strategies, policies, operations and relationships when engaging with all stakeholders;
- Invest in addressing systemic inequalities and injustices through inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels of our business;
- Partner with the UN, Government and civil society to strengthen access to justice, ensure accountability and transparency, provide legal certainty, promote equality and respect human rights.
In making that commitment, we also call on Governments to:
- Protect human rights, ensure peace and security, and uphold the rule of law so that businesses, individuals and societies can flourish;
- Create an enabling environment to serve the interests of people and planet, prosperity and purpose, through strengthened international cooperation and national legal frameworks;
- Enhance multilateralism and global governance to combat corruption, build resilience and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
To read the UN Statement from Business Leaders for Renewed Global Cooperation in full, click HERE.