Companies are screened for involvement in ten types of weapon that are illegal, regulated or considered as controversial. There are five types of involvement that are assessed.
- Cluster Munitions
- Anti-personnel Landmine
- Nuclear Weapons
- Biological Weapons
- Chemical Weapons
- Blinding Laser Weapons
- Incendiary Weapons
- Non Detectable Fragments
- Depleted Uranium Weapons
- White Phosphorus Weapons
- Full Weapons Systems (Munitions)
- Full Weapons Systems (Platform)
- Key Parts or Services
- General Parts or Services
- Clear Evidence of Involvement
- Some Evidence of Involvement
- Not Relevant / Additional Commentary
- Coverage: all listed companies and select bond issuers (50,000 + values).
- Update Cycle: monthly updates following shareholding changes and corporate actions (M&A). Annual update of all data.
- Scope: screening covers the full weapons supply chain (munitions, platforms, key parts, general parts etc). Screening covers manufacturing to shareholding involvement.
- Risk Management: adhere to investment mandates and manage compliance and reputational risks.
- Reporting: report on the exposure of your portfolio to illegal, regulated and controversial weapons.
- Active Ownership: undertake engagement activities with companies with exposure to weapons activities.