V.E has provided a Second Party Opinion (SPO) on Enel’s two Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and their associated Sustainability Performance Targets (SPTs):
- KPI 1: Direct GHG Emissions Amount (Scope 1)
- SPT 1: 64% reduction of direct GHG emissions per kWh by 2023, equivalent to around 148 gCO2eq by kWh, compared with 2017 levels
- SPT 2: 80% reduction of direct GHG emissions per kWh by 2030, equivalent to around 82 gCO2eq by kWh, compared with 2017 levels
- SPT 3: 100% reduction of direct GHG emissions per kWh by 2050, equivalent to 0 gCO2eq by kWh
- KPI 2: Renewable Installed Capacity Percentage
- SPT 1: 55% of renewable installed capacity by 2021
- SPT 2: 60% of renewable installed capacity by 2022
- SPT 3: 65% of renewable installed capacity by 2023
V.E is of the opinion that Enel’s Sustainability-Linked Financing Framework is aligned with the core components of the Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles (SLBP) and Sustainability-Linked Loan Principles (SLLP) 2020, is in line with best practices identified by V.E.
V.E has participated to sustainability-linked financing for more than 20 corporates in Europe, Americas and Asia, either to provide borrowers with their annual ESG score or as second-party opinion provider to assess the relevance of the KPIs (KPI-linked mechanisms).
Enel is a multinational energy company and a global integrated operator in the electricity and gas industries with a focus on Europe and Latin America. The company transports electricity through a network of over 2.2 million kilometres. The Group is present in 48 countries with power generation plants of all types and supplies energy to cities in South America and Europe.
SPO available for download below.
Read more about Enel’s framework here.
For more information on this mission and V.E’s SPO services for Bonds and Loans:
Head of Communications
Head of Sustainable Finance Business Development
V.E is a global leader in ESG assessments, data, research, benchmarks and analytics. Leveraging our extensive proprietary database, we equip market players with the ESG insight they need to manage risks and better understand and address their social and environmental impact. Since 2019, V.E has been an Affiliate of Moody’s Corporation. V.E has an industry unique ISO 9001: 2015 quality certification for its processes relating to methodology, assessments, sale and delivery of its data to all types of investors and issuers. V.E is a Climate Bonds Initiative Verified Provider of Second Party Opinions. With a team of nearly 300 experts of 30 different nationalities, V.E is present in Paris, London, Brussels, Casablanca, Hong Kong, Milan, New York, Rabat and Santiago.
For more information about V.E: vigeo-eiris.com
For more information about Moody’s ESG Solutions: moodys.com/esg
Second Party Opinion, SPO, SUSTAINABLE FINANCE